Thanksgiving Dinners for Parker Task Force Clients
We have a goal for 2008 to again provide a Thanksgiving dinner to each client family that wishes to receive one. This year the Parker Task Force expects to provide Thanksgiving dinner to 250 families. The number of families we assist in the Parker, Franktown and Elizabeth areas has grown 31% in 2008 over 2007.
We need your help to make our Thanksgiving Dinner project a success and to meet our goal of providing a Thanksgiving meal to all of our clients that request one.
To help us you can either donate a food basket or money for prepared meals.
1. Food Baskets – Compile complete Thanksgiving dinners that families can prepare at home, packaged in baskets/tubs/boxes for a family of 4-6 people. Deliver to the conference room in the Parker Task Force building at 20118 E. Mainstreet between 10am & 2pm on Sunday, Nov. 23, 2007. Clients will pick them up later that day.
What to put in the basket/box/tub - a complete Thanksgiving dinner - for example:
- Frozen turkey
- Aluminum turkey pan
- Dinner rolls
- 2 sticks of butter
- Bag of potatoes
- Frozen pie
- packets or jars Can of cranberries
- Vegetables (canned or frozen)
- Bag of Salad Greens and dressing
- Can of sweet potatoes
Please put items needing refrigeration/freezing in grocery bags so we can store them in the refrigerators until the meals are picked up later in the day. Please bag freezer items and refrigerator items in separate bags. OR
2. Monetary Donations – Monetary donations will be used to purchase prepared Thanksgiving dinners from local grocery store deli departments for our client families who can not cook their own meals. We will purchase the meals, contact clients and arrange for them to pick them up. Each meal for a family of 4-6 costs about $45.00. Checks may be made payable to the Parker Task Force (memo: Thanksgiving dinners). Monetary donations may be mailed to the Parker Task Force, Attn: Diane Roth, at 20118 East Mainstreet, Unit D, Parker, CO 80138.
Thank you so much for bringing comfort and cheer to families this Thanksgiving season.